- Name: Emily May Dodd
- DOB; 11th July 1996
- From the UK
- Studied English Literature at BGU
- Instagram: emilymay_reviews
- Instagram (personal): emilyymayy_96
- Twitter: @emmymay_96
- Reading – I would say this is one of my main hobbies. my favourite literary genres are crime and thriller, my favourite authors are Stephen King and Neil Gaiman. some of my favourite books include; A Song Of Ice and Fire, Lord Of The Rings, American Gods, IT, Gone Girl, The Fear.
- Writing – It’s always been a passion of mine since I was Very young, I’ve always loved writing and I doubt that will ever change. I’m also currently in the process of writing my own novel which I’m really excited about.
- Learning Languages – I love learning other languages, so far I’ve been learning Japanese, Korean and a little bit of Spanish and French
About this blog
This blog will mainly contain film and TV reviews along with lots of other film related things, here are descriptions of the different sections.
- Reviews – These will be reviews uploaded regularly. the reviews will be for both old and new films and TV shows.
- Trailer Talks – Where I break down and review the newest trailers.
- Lists – these will be my tops 10’s and more like that
- Thoughts and Opinions – This is where I give you my personal opinion about upcoming films, film news and anything else that I wish to discuss or talk about.
- Books – This will not be a huge part of the blog but I will also be reviewing books on here along with creating book lists.
I will post as much as I can on this blog although I will be aiming to post at least every other day.
My Love For Films
My love for films started at a very young age, my dads a big film lover so thats probably where I got it from. When I did media studies in high school it only heightened my interest. I not only love watching films but also finding out how they are made and put together, the BTS became as interesting as the film to me.
I’ve been reviewing films since I was about 16, however I never posted them. anywhere it was more of just a hobby back then. My friends and family are actually the ones that convinced me to start posting online and to set up this blog.
A-Z In Films
This is just something to help you get a better idea of what types of films I like. for each letter of the alphabet I will write down my favourite film beginning with that letter.
- A – Aliens
- B – Back To The Future
- C – Chronicle
- D – Dark Knight
- E – ET
- F – Friday 13th
- G – Goonies
- H – Harry Potter
- I – Inception
- J – Jurassic Park
- K – Kings Speech
- L – Lord Of The Rings
- M – Marvel Cinimatic Universe
- N – Night Of The Living Dead
- O – One Flew Over The Cuckoo’s Nest
- P – Psycho
- Q- Quiet Place
- R- Raiders Of The Lost Ark
- S – Star Wars
- T – Terminator 2
- U- Unbreakable
- V- V For Vendetta
- W- Wall-E
- X- X-Men/First Class
- Y- Your Name
- Z- Zombieland
Finally here are some other facts about my love for film.
- my favourite genres are Horror, Action and fantasy
- I’m not really a chick flick/rom-com fan, there are a couple that I like but out of all the genres they are my least favourite.
- I’ve been a huge Star Wars, Lord Of The Rings and Marvel fan since I was young, I was practically brought up watching them.
- I started watching Horror films when I was 12/13, my English teacher introduced me to them and I’ve been a fan of the genre ever since.
- My English teacher is the one that actually convinced me to start writing film reviews.
- Here’s a list of my favourite TV shows; The Walking Dead, Supernatural, Dexter, Game Of Thrones, Stargate SG-1/Atlantis, Stranger Things, Sons Of Anarchy, Criminal Minds, Friends, House, Lost, Hawaii 5-0, CSI, Daredevil.
Thank you for reading! I hope you will enjoy this blog as much as I like writing it!